History

St. Dominic History

St. Dominic School was founded in 1950 as the parish school of St. Dominic Church. The school opened its doors on September 3, 1952, under the stewardship of four nuns from the Sisters of St. Dominic of Adrian, Michigan. That year, 120 students representing eighteen different schools became St. Dominic students, and the school’s rich legacy of academic distinction began.

With a well-rounded education grounded in moral values, alumni of St. Dominic School have gone on to assume leadership roles in most every aspect of business, political, spiritual, athletic, artistic and community life.